Caribbean Chicken, Rice ‘n’ Beans Tacos with Pineapple & Chilli Salsa
A delicious combination of spicy Jerk Chicken, our aromatic Caribbean, Rice N’ Beans and a zesty Pineapple & Chilli Salsa all wrapped up in a soft tortilla. Sounds good to us!
Place the seasoning, soy sauce, oil and sugar in a shallow dish, season with black pepper and mix together.
Slash each chicken breast three times so that the marinade can penetrate the flesh and place the chicken in the dish with the seasoning, turning to coat well. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes – longer if you have the time.
Heat a griddle pan or large non-stick frying pan with a drizzle of oil over a high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Once cooked, slice the chicken into strips.
Meanwhile, place the pineapple, pepper, chilli, onion, coriander, mint, sugar, lime zest and juice into a bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt and set aside.
Put the yoghurt into a small bowl and add lime juice and hot pepper sauce to taste. Season with salt.
Prepare the Caribbean Couscous, Rice N’ Beans according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork.
Assemble your tacos by topping warmed tortillas with Caribbean Couscous, Rice N’ Beans, slices of chicken and Pineapple & Chilli Salsa and finish with a good drizzle of the dressing and extra coriander.
- 1-2 tbsp of Jerk or Caribbean seasoning
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 medium chicken breasts, skinless
- 220g pineapple (fresh or tinned), diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- zest and juice of ½ lime
- pinch of caster sugar
- 4 tbsp yoghurt or sour cream
- ½ lime, for squeezing
- hot pepper sauce
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Caribbean Couscous, Rice N’ Beans
- 4-6 soft tortilla wraps, warmed