Caribbean Corn, Rice & Grains Soup
This vibrant and comforting soup is full of delicious Caribbean flavour. Great for a hearty vegetarian meal for 2 or a light lunch for 4. Sunshine in a bowl!
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, pepper and sweet potato, cook gently for 10 minutes. Add the whole scotch bonnet, thyme and cayenne pepper. Cook for 1 min stirring all the time, being careful not to break up the chilli.
Add the stock and coconut milk and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the creamed corn, sweet corn and Ainsley Harriott Caribbean Couscous, Rice N’ Beans and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
To serve, remove the scotch bonnet and thyme sprig, divide between 2-3 warmed bowls and enjoy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cut in 1cm chunks
- 1 scotch bonnet chilli
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 200ml veg stock
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- ½ 400g can of creamed corn
- 1 small can (160-200g) of sweetcorn
- 1 pouch of Ainsley Harriott Caribbean Couscous, Rice N’ Beans