Caribbean Grain & Corn Salad
Zesty and with a bit of a kick, this delightful salad is full of Caribbean flavour. Great for a quick and easy veggie lunch (or swap the honey for maple syrup to make it vegan) or as a BBQ side – delicious with a bit of jerk chicken or pork.
In a small bowl mix the lime juice and zest with the honey. Add a dash of hot pepper sauce to taste and set aside.
Cook the Caribbean Couscous, Rice n’ Beans according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool a little.
Stir through the sweetcorn, tomato, celery and half the coriander. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately scattered with the remaining coriander.
- 1 x pouch of Ainsley Harriott Caribbean, Couscous Rice n’ Beans
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe vine tomato or handful cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- small handful coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- ½ - 1 tsp runny honey
- hot pepper sauce, to taste