Caribbean-Inspired Cheesy Nachos
Everybody loves nachos – they’re easy to make and so satisfying to eat! We’ve used our Caribbean Couscous, Rice n’ Beans to bring a burst of sunny flavour to these delicious veggie nachos. They’re great for sharing so dig in and enjoy!
Preheat the oven to 200C/180Cfan/Gas 6
Place the tortilla chips in the bottom of a large baking dish or baking tray, spreading them out so that they overlap to prevent too many gaps.
Tip the Caribbean Couscous, Rice n Beans into a bowl and use a fork to mix through and separate the grains. Scatter over the tortilla chips and follow with the red pepper, onion and tomato. Scatter over the cheese and top with the chilli slices. Sprinkle over the lime zest and then put in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Meanwhile squeeze a little lime in with the avocado and season with salt.
When the nachos are ready remove from the oven and dot with dollops of the mashed avocado and sour cream. Scatter with coriander and serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
- 1 x 200g bag of plain tortilla chips
- 1 x pouch of Ainsley Harriott Caribbean Couscous, Rice n’ Beans
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 125g Cheddar cheese, grated (or vegan alternative)
- 1 lime, zest and cut into wedges
- handful of coriander leaves
- 1 avocado, mashed
- soured cream (or vegan alternative), to serve