Caribbean Rice & Salsa Stuffed Potatoes
Stuffed peppers are so easy to make and tasty to eat. Great for a light lunch with a salad or serve as a side dish to your favourite protein. We’ve spiced up the filling with some of our Habanero salsa and used our ready cooked Caribbean rice for a quick and tasty meal.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180Cfan/Gas 6
Prepare the rice according to packet instructions and allow to cool a little.
Place the pepper halves on a plate and microwave for 5-6 minutes until just soft (alternatively bake for 15-20 minutes).
Put the rice in a bowl and fluff with a fork. Stir through the spring onions, salsa, black beans, coriander and half of the cheese. Season to taste.
Place the pepper halves on a baking tray. Fill the peppers generously with the rice mix and scatter with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the peppers are soft. If you like your cheese nice and browned put under the grill for a couple of minutes.
Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander.
*Our Caribbean Creations range is available from selected Tesco stores
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Caribbean Mixed Pepper or Coconut Rice*
- 3 peppers (red, green or yellow), cut in half, deseeded
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1-2 tbsp Ainsley Habanero Salsa*
- 165g of black beans (or sweetcorn) from a tin, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated