Caribbean-Style Cheesy Bean Nachos with Salsa
Whip up these quick nachos to share with family or friends. Tortilla chips are loaded up with tomatoey beans, pepper, two cheeses and spiced up with our Caribbean Creations All Purpose Seasoning and chilli. Delicious served with our Habanero or Mango Salsa (or why not try both?!)
Preheat the oven to 200C/180Cfan
Put the black beans, strained tomatoes and all-purpose seasoning in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened and combined. Remove from the heat.
Line 1 or 2 x large baking dishes or trays with parchment and place handfuls of the tortilla chips in the bottom. Spread them out ensuring that they overlap to prevent too many gaps.
Dollop over the tomatoey beans and then top with three quarters of the grated Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle over the red pepper, chilli and half the spring onion. Scatter over the remaining Cheddar cheese, the feta and sprinkle with a pinch of all-purpose seasoning. Put in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
When the nachos are ready remove from the oven and scatter over the remaining spring onion and coriander. Grate over some lime zest and serve with Ainsley salsa.
*Our Caribbean Creations range is available now from selected Tesco stores.
- 1 x 200g tin of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 227g tin of chopped tomatoes, strained
- 1 tsp Ainsley All Purpose Seasoning, plus an extra pinch*
- 1 x 185g (large bag) of plain tortilla corn chips
- 175g medium cheddar, grated
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium-hot red chilli, sliced into rings (or ½ scotch bonnet pepper finely diced)
- 1-2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 50g feta, crumbled
- ½ lime, for zesting
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Ainsley Habanero Salsa or Mango Salsa, to serve*