Cauliflower, Lentil & Coconut Curry
This is an easy veggie curry that works perfectly with our Caribbean Couscous for a quick and tasty meal. Great for a Meat-Free Monday or mid-week meal. It’s quite a mild curry so if you like things spicy feel free to add some fresh green chilli in with the garlic. Serve with our Spice Sensation Couscous for a vegan meal.
Heat the coconut oil in a sauté pan or casserole dish over a medium heat. Sauté the onion for 4-6 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add in the coriander stalks and spices, and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the cauliflower florets and stir to coat in the spices. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the lentils, coconut milk and water. Season to taste.
Bring to the boil before reducing the heat. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked through. Add the spinach and stir through to wilt. Remove from the heat and squeeze in some lime juice and check for seasoning. Serve with Ainsley Harriott Caribbean-inspired Couscous scattered with coriander leaves.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- handful of coriander, leaves and stalks separated, chopped
- 1 tbsp Caribbean curry powder (more or less depending on taste)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 x 400g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- 125ml water
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- ½ lime or lemon, for squeezing
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Caribbean-inspired Couscous, to serve