Chargrilled Courgette & Couscous Salad with Lemon, Pine Nuts & Feta
This barbecue side dish or main course salad is bursting with lovely fresh flavours and textures. Delicious warm or cold – just add the dressing just before serving.
Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until lightly golden. Keep an eye on them because they can easily burn.
Place the courgette ribbons in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add a pinch of chilli flakes and toss to coat.
Heat a ridged griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Lay the courgettes in a single layer in the pan (you may need to cook in batches) and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until chargrill marks appear. Remove from the heat and set aside on a plate.
Meanwhile prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork.In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and honey. Season to taste.
Toss the mint through the couscous and arrange on a platter. Add the courgette on top, scatter over the toasted pine nuts and crumble over the feta. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle over the lemon zest. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
- 20g pine nuts
- 2 large courgettes, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- olive oil, for drizzling
- pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Couscous (we used Sun-dried Tomato & Garlic)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp runny honey
- handful of mint leaves, torn, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 60-80g feta cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper