Cheesy Beans Nachos & Guacamole
From Ainsley’s Food We Love, ITV
A quick and easy veggie version of the popular Tex-Mex snack.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180Cfan
Line 1 or 2 x large baking dishes or trays with parchment and place handfuls of the tortilla chips in the bottom. Spread them out ensuring that they overlap to prevent too many gaps.
Sprinkle over the tomato, beans and corn then top with three quarters of the cheese. Sprinkle over the red pepper, jalapenos and half the spring onion. Scatter over the remaining cheese and grate over a little lime zest and some cayenne if you like. Put in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Meanwhile make the guacamole. Put the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash to consistency you like – I like to keep a few lumps. Add tomato, onion, coriander and the chilli and mix well. Stir in lime juice to taste and season with salt.
When the nachos are ready remove from the oven and scatter over the remaining spring onion and coriander. Dot with dollops of guacamole and sour cream and serve with extra for dipping.
- For the Cheesy Bean Nachos
- 1 x 200g (large bag) of plain tortilla corn chips (or mix of plain and blue corn nachos)
- 1 x 200g tin of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 200g tin of sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 227g tin of chopped tomatoes, strained
- 150g medium cheddar, grated
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- handful of sliced pickled jalapenos
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 lime, for zesting
- pinch of cayenne or paprika (optional)
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- sour cream, to serve
- For the Guacamole
- 2 large avocados, destoned and roughly chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 green chilli or jalapeno, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime