Chicken & Potato Curry Roti Wrap
Popular in the Caribbean and with Indian roots a roti is a wrap style sandwich filled with curried meat or vegetables. Using our Caribbean Creations Roti Mix* and our curry seasoning this is an easy and delicious meal that’s sure to please the whole family.
Put the chicken in a bowl along with 1 heaped tbsp of the curry seasoning, a drizzle of oil and half the garlic. Toss to coat well. Cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with salted water. Bring to the boil and cook until just fork tender. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile prepare the roti dough according to the packet instructions.
Put a deep-sided frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tbsp of oil. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan. Add the remaining oil and add the onion. Cook for 4–6 mins until softened and then add the remaining garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the remaining curry seasoning, turmeric & salt and cook for a minute. Return the chicken to the pan and add the potatoes. Stir to coat in the spices. Stir in the water and cook for a minute or two until evaporated. Add the coconut milk and thyme. Cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Check seasoning, stir in the coriander and lime juice to taste. Cover and keep warm.
Cook the roti according to the packet instructions until lightly golden brown.
Divide the chicken curry between the roti, scatter with coriander, drizzle with yoghurt & hot sauce.
*Our Caribbean Creations range is available now from selected Tesco stores
- 4-5 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 x sachet of Ainsley Caribbean Curry Seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra drizzle
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Roti Mix (+160ml water and oil for frying)
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 60ml water or chicken stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- ½ lime, juice
- handful coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- natural yoghurt and Ainsley Hot Pepper Sauce, to serve