Chimichurri Black Bean, Couscous & Avocado Salad
Quick salads don’t need to be boring and this vegan-friendly healthy black bean and avocado salad is packed full of flavour and jazzed up with a herby chimchurri dressing. Traditionally, Argentinian chimchurri contains oregano, but coriander works so well with the black beans and the fresh avocado. Feel free to mix up the herbs as you like.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Allow to cool.
Place the herbs in a small food processor and blitz. Add the vinegar, oil, garlic and chilli flakes. Blend until well combined, adding a little more oil to loosen if needed. Season to taste.
In a large bowl toss together the salad ingredients and stir through the couscous. Drizzle over some dressing just before serving.
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Tomato & Chilli Couscous
- handful of flat-leaf parsley
- handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, chopped
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 x 400g tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½-1 avocado, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1-2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped