Coronation Chicken & Couscous Salad
A fresh take on the classic Coronation Chicken that was invented for the Queen’s coronation in 1953. It’s vibrant and full of flavour – perfect for a summer lunch or light supper. If you like you can make the salad and dressing ahead and then cook the chicken on the BBQ for a great outdoor meal.
Put the chicken into a bowl, add the mango chutney, sprinkle with the curry powder and a good drizzle of oil and season. Rub the spices into the meat and then cover and chill to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180Cfan/Gas 6
In a small bowl mix together the yoghurt, chutney and a pinch of curry powder. Season and add lime juice to taste. Add a little water or olive oil to loosen if required. Cover and chill until needed.
Place the chicken on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (longer for thighs) or until cooked through and the juices run clear. Alternatively, heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. When hot add the chicken and cook on both sides until cooked through.
Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Allow to cool.
Put the mango, spring onion, salad leaves, half the coriander and radish slices into a bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with a little salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Divide the couscous between two serving plates and top with the mango salad. Slice the chicken into 1cm slices and arrange on top of the salad. Drizzle over the dressing, scatter with the toasted almonds, chilli rings and coriander and serve.
- For the Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts or 4 boneless chicken thighs, skinless
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder, plus extra pinch
- olive oil, for drizzling
- For the Dressing
- 100ml Greek yoghurt
- 1-2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 lime, for squeezing
- For the Salad
- 1 mango, stoned and sliced
- 2 spring onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Large handful of watercress, pea shoots or spinach (or use a mix)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2-3 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Couscous
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To Serve
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced into rings (optional)