Easy Jerk Chicken Kebabs with Caribbean Couscous
Add some island flavour to your summer dining! Easy and packed full of flavour from our Ultimate Jerk Paste these fruity chicken skewers are great for a barbecue or cooked on a grill pan if the weather isn’t ideal. Our Caribbean-inspired Couscous is the perfect accompaniment for a delicious meal.
Place the chicken pieces in a bowl, add three quarters of the Ainsley Jerk Paste, the lime juice and a drizzle of oil. Toss to coat the meat well. Cover and chill to marinate for at least 2 hours.
Thread the chicken, vegetable and pineapple chunks onto skewers, drizzle with oil and cook on a preheated barbecue or griddle for 10-12 minutes, turning regularly and basting with the reserved Jerk paste, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork.Serve the kebabs with the couscous and scatter with coriander.
*Ainsley Jerk Paste is part of our Caribbean Creations range available now from Tesco stores and from Tesco online.
- 3 large chicken breasts or 4-6 chicken thighs, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 x sachet Ainsley Ultimate Jamaican Jerk Paste*
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 175g pineapple, cut into chunks
- oil, for drizzling
- 1-2 packets of Ainsley Caribbean-inspired Couscous, to serve
- handful of coriander leaves