Griddled Peaches & Mint Feta Cheese Salad
Fruit and cheese don’t have to be left until after the meal – serve them as part of your main course in this dee-lish salad. You can try using low-fat firm cheese as a change from feta. Alternatively omit the feta and serve with cottage cheese and rye crackers.
Brush a ridged griddle pan, with half of the oil and heat until slightly smoking. Toss the peaches in the lime juice, Place flesh side down onto the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes until charred.
In a large bowl toss together any remaining oil and lime juice, and the lime zest, salad leaves, onion, sugar snap peas and mint. Divide between 4 bowls or serving plates.
Scatter over the peaches and the feta cheese. Season with a good scattering of freshly ground black pepper and serve warm.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 fresh ripe peaches or nectarines, stoned and cut into wedges
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 200g bag mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 200g feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- fresh ground black pepper