Grilled Coconut Jerk Pork Steaks with Caribbean Couscous, Rice N’ Beans
This dish is full of Caribbean flavour and spice – a quick and easy one-pot dish that’s great for a mid-week supper.
Preheat the grill to high.
Put the pork chops into an oven proof dish and sprinkle 1 tsp jerk seasoning over each. Add the onion, garlic and diced pepper to the dish, scatter over the thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the oil and pour over the coconut milk.
Grill for 8 minutes then remove the pork steaks and add the Caribbean Couscous Rice n’Beans to the dish and stir. Sit the pork steaks (grilled side down) back in the dish on top up the grains and grill for a further 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- 2 boneless pork steaks
- 2 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 3 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp light olive oil or sunflower oil
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 pouch of Ainsley Harriott Caribbean Couscous Rice n’ Beans