Hasselback Tomatoes with Pesto and Tomato & Chilli Couscous
Juicy tomatoes take centre stage in this super-easy veggie dish. Great for a light lunch or a side dish with our Tomato & Chilli Couscous.
Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
Make 4-5 deep slices in each tomato, making sure that you don’t cut all the way through. Sit the tomatoes in a baking dish and then carefully stuff a slice of mozzarella into each cut, followed with a little pesto. Place a bay leaf in the centre cut of each tomato. Drizzle over some olive oil and season well. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes, if using. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions. If you have any left-over mozzarella pieces, chop them up and toss through the couscous.
Serve the roasted tomatoes on a bed of the couscous and pour over any cooking juices.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 ball mozzarella, cut into small slices
- 4 small bay leaves
- 1-2 tbsp shop bought pesto
- 1 x packet Ainsley Harriott Tomato and Chilli Couscous
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper