Hoisin & Chilli Tofu Stir Fry with Tomato & Chilli Couscous
A stir-fry is just the thing for an easy meal and a great way to pack loads of veggies into your meal. This tasty stir-fry is full of texture and flavour from the crispy tofu, sticky chilli sauce and vibrant vegetables. You can mix up the veg to whatever you have available. Our spicy Tomato & Chilli Couscous is the perfect accompaniment.
Drizzle the tofu with a little soy sauce and toss to coat. Put the corn flour in a bowl and season. Add the tofu cubes and toss to coat.
Heat 3 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the tofu in a single layer. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crispy. Remove the tofu from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the hoisin, sriracha, soy, vinegar and honey. Set aside.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir-fry the ginger, garlic, chilli and spring onions for 30 seconds. Add all the vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they begin to wilt, then add the hoisin mixture and cook, stirring, for 30-60 seconds until aromatic. Return the tofu to the wok and toss to coat everything in the sauce for a minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil.
Divide the couscous between serving bowls or plates, top with the stir fry and sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onion.
- 1 block of firm tofu, pressed, patted dry and cut into 1cm cubes
- soy sauce, for drizzling
- 2-3 tbsp corn flour
- 4 tbsp ground nut or sunflower/vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (or sweet chilli sauce)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 4cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced
- 1 medium-hot red chilli, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shaved with a peeler
- 120g mangetout or sugar snap peas
- 200g spring greens, cabbage or cavolo nero, stems and ribs removed, thinly shredded
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriott Tomato & Chilli Couscous
- ½ tsp sesame seeds, to serve
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and thinly sliced, to serve