Hot-Smoked Salmon Pate
You don’t have to go all the way to New York to get my favourite deli sandwich, although I serve the hot smoked salmon pate with toasted ciabatta rolls instead of the traditional hot-buttered bagel. Hot-smoked salmon is now available in most supermarkets or delis.
Heat the oil in the pan and saute the salad onions for 1 minute. Flake in the fish, then beat well, cooking for a further minute or two. Remove from the heat – if the mixture gets to hot, allow to cool slightly.
Add the Quark, horseradish, Tabasco and black pepper, and mix together until well combined.
Thinly slice the ciabatta rolls and lightly toast them. Serve with the hot-smoked salmon pate and if you like, a sprinkling of thinly sliced salad onions and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500g hot-smoked salmon, skinned and boned
- 250g Quark or other semi-skimmed soft cheese
- 1 teaspoon creamed horseradish
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small ciabatta rolls
- 1 spring onion, sliced and lemon wedges to serve