Spiced Sweet Potato & Couscous Salad
A delicious and satisfying salad with the wonderful flavours of the Caribbean.
On a baking tray toss the sweet potato with the Caribbean Seasoning, the thyme, garlic and coconut oil. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until tender and starting to caramelise.
Meanwhile make up the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork.
In a large serving bowl mix the couscous with the kidney beans, spring onion, coriander, red pepper, scotch bonnet chilli and lime zest. Toss through the roasted sweet potato.
Serve with a simple dressing made by whisking together the lime juice, olive oil, and honey. Perfect with chicken or fish or in its own
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1-2 tsp of Caribbean Seasoning (or a mix of allspice & cayenne)
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriott Lemon, Mint and Parsley Couscous
- 1 small tin of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ¼ - ½ scotch bonnet chilli (or similar) finely chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 50ml of olive oil
- 2 tsp of runny honey