Jamaican-Inspired Meatball Curry
A satisfying and flavoursome meatball curry made with our Jamaican Curry paste. Great for an easy curry night served with our Coconut Rice.
Place the bread and parsley in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Tip into a bowl with the mince, egg and 1 ½ tbsp of the curry paste. Mix well with your hands and then shape into 14-16 meatballs.
Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and fry until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining oil and cook the onion, pepper and sweet potato, for 5-6 mins until beginning to soften. Add the remaining curry paste and fry for 1 min. Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for 15 mins until the sauce is thickened. Stir through the spinach until just wilted. Scatter with parsley leaves and serve with Caribbean Creations Coconut Rice.
- 1 thick slice of white bread
- handful parsley leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 400g mince (beef, pork, lamb or chicken)
- 1 x sachet Ainsley Jamaican Curry Paste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into small dice
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml beef, lamb or chicken stock
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Ainsley Coconut Rice, to serve