Jerk Prawn & Caribbean Couscous Tacos with Mango Salsa
Full of Caribbean flavour and easy to make – these quick jerk prawn and couscous tacos are great for a summery lunch. If you don’t like prawns, this can easily be adapted to white fish, chicken or tofu – just adjust the cooking times accordingly.
Put the mango, pepper, onion, lime zest and coriander in a bowl and toss together. Add a pinch of salt and a good squeeze of lime to taste. Set aside.
Place the prawns in a bowl and sprinkle over the jerk seasoning and ginger. Add a drizzle of oil and juice of ½ a lime (add a splash of rum if you’re feeling cheeky!). Set aside for 5 minutes.
Place the avocado, 4 tablespoons of sour cream and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a dash of hot sauce and a squeeze of lime to taste and add more sour cream if you want a smoother sauce.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. When hot add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through (if using cooked prawns cook over a medium heat until warmed through). Season with salt and pepper.
Warm the tortilla according to the packet instructions.
Fill the tortilla with lettuce, couscous and jerk prawns and top with salsa, avocado sauce and coriander leaves.
- 1 mango, destoned and finely diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Caribbean Couscous
- 1 x 165g pack of raw, peeled (or cooked) King prawns
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2cm piece of root ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baby gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, destoned and sliced
- 4-5 tbsp sour cream
- Jamaican hot sauce, to taste
- 6 small/medium flour tortilla