This is a simple couscous salad that’s great for adding colour and fantastic flavour to your meals. It’s refreshing, fruity and crunchy and the flecks of pomegranate shine like jewels making it a vibrant accompaniment for a summer BBQ, picnic or your week-night dinner.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Allow to cool.
Toss through the herbs, pomegranate seeds, dried cherries, apricots and nuts. Season if required and finish with orange zest and a squeeze of juice.
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriott Couscous (Moroccan Medley or Spice Sensation work well)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 tbsp dried sour cherries, barberries or cranberries
- 4-6 soft dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts or flaked almonds, toasted
- zest and juice of ½ orange or lemon