Lemon, Mint & Parsley Couscous Salad with Beetroot & Roasted Red Pepper
A colourful and tasty salad with a punchy dressing – great for lunch, picnics or as a BBQ side dish.
Place the contents of the sachet of cous cous into a bowl. Add 160ml of boiling water and stir well. Leave to stand for 3-5 minutes to allow the cous cous to absorb the water, and then fluff with a fork to separate the grains.
Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to cut away the peel and white pith from the oranges, then cut the flesh into segments, holding it over a bowl to catch the juices, which you will use to make the dressing.
Put the couscous into a large bowl and fold in the orange segments with the beetroot, avocado and roasted red pepper.
To make the dressing, add the horseradish, honey and lemon juice to the leftover orange juice and then whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and fold into the salad.
Divide the lemon, mint & parsley salad with beetroot and roasted red peppers between plates.
If you don’t want to use fresh beetroot try adding 225g (8oz) of drained baby beetroot from a jar that has been cut into small chunks. It will be just as delicious.
- 1 x Ainsley Harriott Couscous
- 2 small oranges
- 2 raw beetroot, peeled and pared into wafer-thin slices
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 roasted red peppers in oil (from a jar), drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- For the Dressing
- 5ml (1 tsp) grated horseradish (from a jar is fine)
- 10ml (2 tsp) honey
- juice of ½ lemon
- 30ml (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper