Melanie’s Tomato and Black Olive Chicken with Feta Couscous
This delicious Mediterranean inspired chicken dish was chosen by Ainsley as the winner of our National Couscous Day competition. The recipe, by Melanie Booth, is simple to follow and the finished meal is packed full of flavour and works perfectly with our Sundried Tomato and Garlic Couscous. A great dish for a tasty mid-week meal or weekend supper. Serves two generously and can easily be adapted for a family meal. Enjoy!
Heat the oil in a casserole pot or deep-sided frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 4-6 minutes, until golden-brown all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
To the same pan, add the butter, red onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat for a further 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Add the reserved chicken, balsamic vinegar, chicken stock, tinned tomatoes, sugar and olives and continue to cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, fluff with a fork and stir through the diced feta cheese and black olives.
Add the chopped basil to the chicken, season to taste and cook for a final 2 minutes, stirring well. Serve the tomato and black olive chicken with the feta couscous, finishing with some extra fresh basil leaves on top for presentation. Visit Melanie’s Instagram to check out some of her other tasty recipes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 2cm chunks
- Knob of butter
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100g black olives, pitted, halved
- Handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Sundried Tomato and Garlic Couscous
- 100g Feta Cheese, diced
- 60g black olives, pitted, quartered
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish