Moroccan Medley, Courgette & Feta Pancakes
The warm spices in our Moroccan Medley Couscous are a tasty addition to these herby courgette and feta pancake fritters. A delicious savoury treat for pancake day or great for a tasty brunch or light lunch any day of the year.
Stir the harissa through the yoghurt and chill until ready to serve.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork.
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and the gram flour. Squeeze excess water from the courgette and add to the bowl along with the couscous, feta, garlic, mint, parsley, chilli and seasoning and mix thoroughly until well coated in the batter.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a good drizzle of olive oil. Spoon one and half tablespoons of the mix into the pan. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper and continue cooking the remaining batter.
Serve with a scattering of feta and a dollop of Harissa yoghurt.
- 2-3 tbsp Greek or plain yoghurt (optional)
- 1 tsp harissa (optional)
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Moroccan Medley Couscous
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp gram flour or plain flour
- 1 courgette, grated
- 60g crumbled feta, plus a little extra to serve
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- pinch of dried chilli flakes