One-Pan Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Couscous
A vibrant and easy one-pan meal that’s sure to please the whole family. You can increase the heat by adding some scotch bonnet or a dash of hot pepper sauce if you like things nice and spicy and feel free to use chicken thighs if you prefer or swap for Quorn or Tofu for a veggie/vegan meal.
Put the chicken strips in a bowl and scatter over the jerk seasoning, garlic and a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat well.
Heat a heavy based frying pan or sauté pan with a lid over a medium heat and add the oil. Once hot add the chicken and sauté until browned all over and almost cooked through. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
Add the pepper and whites of the onions to the same pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Stir in the pineapple chunks and spring onion greens. Add 160ml of water and 2 tbsp of pineapple juice and season. Bring to the boil and then stir in the couscous and coriander. Reduce the heat and add the chicken back to the pan. Grate over the lime zest, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed and the chicken and couscous is cooked through. Squeeze over some lime juice and scatter with coriander to serve.
- 1 small tin of pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 2-3 large chicken breasts (skinless), cut into strips
- 1-2 tbsp Jerk seasoning (depending on taste)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 spring onions, green and whites separated
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 160ml water or stock
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Caribbean-inspired Couscous
- 1 tbsp of chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- ½ lime, juice and zest