Peppered Mackerel, Mango & Caribbean Rice N’ Bean Salad
A simple and delicious salad that’s great for a quick lunch or light supper. Full of flavour and goodness!
Prepare the grains according to the packet instructions and place in a large mixing bowl.
Peel the mango and cut off the cheeks (the flesh which lies along side the stone). Slice into 5m slices and set aside.
Mix the diced red onion, red pepper and chilli in with the grains. Season with lime zest and the juice of half a lime. Add the coriander and gently stir.
To assemble the salad, divide the grain salad between two plates. Add some mango slices and flake over the mackerel fillets. Drizzle with a little oil and a squeeze of lime, season with a pinch of sea salt and scatter with coriander.
- 2 peppered mackerel fillets
- 1 pouch Ainsley Harriott Caribbean Couscous, Rice N’ Beans
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, thinly sliced
- 1 mild red chilli, finely sliced into rings
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- drizzle of olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- small handful of coriander, roughly chopped or torn