Phil Vickery’s Squid Prawn Almond Patties with Houmous & Mint
From Ainsley’s Festive Flavours, ITV
Heat the oil and add the onion and garlic.
Cook for 2-3 minutes to soften. Once cooked, spoon into a bowl and cool.
Next add the squid, prawns, egg, coriander, almonds and salt and pepper. Mix really well.
Make 8 small balls and press slightly, then chill well.
Place all the ingredients for the dip into a bowl and mix well.
Heat the 1 tbsp of oil or spray a non-stick frying pan, then heat. Add the squid patties and gently cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (do not overcook).
Once cooked serve with the dipping sauce.
Copyright Phil Vickery
- For the Patties
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 300g small squid, very finely chopped
- 200g, freshwater prawns, very finely chopped or pureed in a food processor
- 1 medium egg
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil or olive oil spray
- For the Dip
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp houmous
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar