Poshed-Up Coronation Chicken Salad
From Ainsley’s Food We Love, ITV
Here I’ve taken the flavours of the retro classic Coronation Chicken and created a fresh, light and vibrant salad. The curry spices and zesty fresh lime work perfectly with the chicken and mango and there’s a nice kick from the chilli. Great for using up leftover roast chicken.
In a small bowl mix together the yoghurt, chutney and curry powder, seasoning and add lime juice to taste. Set aside.
In a large bowl toss together the mango, spring onion and chicken. Add three quarters of the dressing and gently toss to coat.
In a bowl, add the salad leaves and radish slices and drizzle with a little olive oil and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with a little salt and pepper, toss to coat and divide between two serving plates. Serve the chicken salad on top. Add a little water or olive oil to the remaining dressing to loosen if needed, mix well and then drizzle over the salad. Scatter with the toasted almonds, chilli rings and coriander to serve.
- 400g roasted/cooked chicken, skinless shredded
- 100ml Greek yoghurt or crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 lime, for squeezing
- 1 mango, stoned and sliced
- 2 spring onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- small bag of watercress
- small bag of baby spinach leaves
- 3-4 radish, finely sliced
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- To Serve
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into rings
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander