Prawn, Mango & Black Bean Curry with Coconut Rice
Fruity, zesty and creamy with coconut, this delicious quick curry is full of the flavours of the sunshine islands. Sweet mango and juicy prawns are spiced up with our Mango Curry Paste and a little kick from Scotch Bonnet chilli. The zesty lime and earthy beans and spinach balance the sweetness perfectly. A great curry for the whole family to enjoy (leave out the extra chilli for a milder curry).
Put the prawns in a bowl and squeeze over ½ the lime juice. Add the zest, 1tbsp of the curry paste and half the garlic. Toss to coat and marinate for 20 minutes.
Heat a deep sided frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Add the remaining garlic, whites of the spring onions and chilli. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in the remaining curry paste. Add 50ml of water and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, mango and beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the prawns and greens of the spring onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns turn pink. Stir in the spinach until wilted. Add the coriander and a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
Meanwhile cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
Serve the curry garnished with coriander and with the Ainsley Coconut Rice on the side.
*Our Ainsley Caribbean Creations range is available now from selected Tesco stores.
- 330g raw king or jumbo prawns, deveined and cleaned
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 x sachet of Ainsley Caribbean Mango Curry paste*
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or light olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced, green and whites separated
- ½ -1 scotch bonnet chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 small mango, peeled, destoned and diced
- ½ 400g tin of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1-2 packets of Ainsley Coconut Rice, to serve