Prawn, Watermelon and Couscous Salad with Coconut & Lime
There’s nothing more refreshing than watermelon on a summer’s day and it’s delightful when added to salads. This is a vibrant and zesty salad that’s perfect for summer dining. For a change the prawns can be swapped out for cooked chicken, feta or grilled halloumi.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
In a small bowl mix together the lime juice, honey and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add half the dressing and the mint to the couscous and stir through.
Arrange the couscous on a large serving plate and top with the cucumber, avocado, prawns and melon. Spoon over the remaining dressing and scatter with mint leaves and toasted coconut.
- 1 x packet Ainsley Harriott Tomato and Chilli or Caribbean Couscous
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp shredded mint, plus extra leaves for garnish
- ¼ cucumber- deseeded and sliced
- 1 avocado, destoned, sliced
- 150g cooked, peeled King prawns
- ¼ small watermelon cut into bite size chunks
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes