Pumpkin & Feta Couscous Cakes
Couscous cakes make a great lunch or mid-week supper. Easy to make and tasty too – a lovely way to use couscous and any leftover roasted veg.
Lightly toss the diced pumpkin or squash with the fresh rosemary, chopped red onion, garlic with a little olive oil, then season and roast in the oven at 180C for 30-40 minutes. When soft and tender puree or mash until smooth.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and then mix in with the pumpkin, diced feta, pumpkin seeds and the egg to bind (add a little water if needed).
Shape into patties and fry on both sides for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until cooked through and golden brown.
- 300g pumpkin or squash, diced
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g feta, diced or crumbled
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Couscous
- 1 egg, beaten