Quick Cajun Stir-Fry with Couscous
A quick and easy Cajun-style stir-fry that’s delicious for an easy supper. Also tasty made with leftover chicken and/or prawns and feel free to mix up the veg.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork to separate the grains.
Heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan and fry the frankfurters over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Add the Cajun spice and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the whites of the onion, pepper and corn and cook for 2 minutes in the spice. Stir in the tomatoes and a splash of water and cook for a further minute. Remove from the heat and add the couscous and greens of the onions, toss through and season. Serve immediately scattered with plenty of parsley.
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Tomato & Chilli Couscous
- 80g baby corn, sliced
- 120g frankfurters, cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 heaped tsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley