Quick Chicken Caribbean Couscous Lunch Bowl
Bring a burst of sunshine to your lunchtime with our Caribbean couscous! Lunch bowls are so easy and perfect when working from home or for packing up and taking to the office (just add the dressing when ready to serve). This is full of tropical flavour and a great way to use up leftover chicken.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork to separate the grains.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
Place the shredded chicken in a small bowl. Add 2 tbsp of the dressing and toss to coat.
To assemble, divide the couscous between two bowls, add all the prepared ingredients and arrange in groups. Tear the mint leaves and scatter over the salad. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
- 1 x packet Ainsley Harriott Caribbean-inspired Couscous
- 2 tbsp tinned sweetcorn
- 2 rings of tinned pineapple, diced
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp pickled red cabbage
- 5 cm cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 150g cooked chicken, shredded
- 8 mint leaves
- For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp reserved pineapple juice from the tin
- 1 lime, juice
- 1cm fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- pinch of salt and pepper