Quick Egg Fried Couscous
Super speedy and super tasty, this egg fried rice is fantastic for a quick lunch or as a side dish. Using our flavoured couscous adds a real flavour kick and makes a lovely change from the usual rice.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. When hot tip in the beaten egg and cook for a couple of seconds before stirring with a wooden spoon to break up. When just scrambled add the couscous and toss through. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli flakes and stir. Season to taste. Add the spring onions and toss through to warm through. Serve immediately sprinkled with sesame seeds (if using).
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Couscous (Spice Sensation or Tomato & Chilli work well)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- good pinch of chilli flakes
- salt & white pepper
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the angle
- ½ tsp sesame seeds (optional)