Quick & Spicy Sausage & Pepper Stir-Fry
If you haven’t tried Gochujang yet we’d highly recommend you do. This spiced Korean paste is full of flavour and it’s pretty spicy so a little goes a long way – it certainly packs a punch in this quick and easy stir fry. Our Tomato & Chilli Couscous makes a tasty change from plain rice and really makes this a speedy meal. If you can’t find Gochujang you can swap with sriracha or a sweet chilli sauce.
In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, Gochujang paste, honey and 1 tbsp hot water. Mix together until well combined, then set aside.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
Add the oil to a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot add the sausages. Cook for 2 minutes until lightly golden. Add the onions, peppers and ginger and cook for another two minutes until slightly softened.
Reduce the heat to medium and pour in the Gochujang sauce. Toss everything together and cook through for another minute. Remove from the heat and serve with the couscous sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Gochujang paste
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 x packet Ainsley Harriott Tomato & Chilli Couscous
- 1 tbsp ground nut or sunflower oil
- 150g (approx. 5) frankfurter sausages, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red or green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 3cm root ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional), to serve