Roasted Butternut Squash Stuffed with Roasted Vegetable Couscous & Feta
A satisfying and healthy vegetable dish; perfect for the autumn. Our couscous is also great for stuffing tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms.
Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways and remove seeds, brush with olive oil and season with salt, pepper & chilli flakes. Roast at 200•c for 45mins.
Meanwhile make up the couscous according to the packet instructions, fluff with a fork and when cooled slightly add the cubed feta, fresh parsley, pumpkin seeds and thyme.
Remove the squash from the oven and scoop out the centre leaving approx 1cm border of flesh. Chop the removed squash and add to the couscous mixture.
Fill each half of the squash shells with the couscous mixture and return to the oven for 10-15 mins. (Optional- sprinkle with a mixture of breadcrumbs & Parmesan for a crispy topping).
Garnish with fresh parsley & serve with a side salad.
- 1 butternut squash
- good pinch of dried chilli flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 75g feta, cubed
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 50g pumpkin seeds or pine nuts
- pinch of dried thyme or leaves picked from 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Roasted Vegetable Couscous