Roasted Squash, Lentil & Couscous Salad
The textures and flavours in this simple warm salad are delightful. The sweetness of the roasted squash works beautifully with the zesty couscous and earthy hazelnuts. A delicious and healthy light lunch or supper.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180cFan/Gas 6
Toss the squash cubes in the olive oil and place on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes until soft and starting to char round the edges.
In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients or place in a clean jar and shake well.
Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the packet. Fluff with a fork and add the lentils, spring onions and avocado. Mix well. Add the roasted squash, rocket and hazelnuts.
Pour over the dressing, toss gently so all the ingredients are coated and serve immediately.
- 250g butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 x packet Ainsley Harriott Lemon, Mint and Parsley Couscous
- 100g ready-to-eat lentils or grains
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into large chunks
- a handful of fresh rocket
- 3 tbsp toasted whole hazelnuts
- For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp mint jelly
- zest and juice of ½ orange