Rose Harissa Kebabs with Chickpea & Pepper Couscous
Using aromatic rose harissa brings a punch of north African spice to these easy kebabs and the flavours work perfectly with our Moroccan Medley Couscous salad. Perfect for a summer BBQ.
Put the diced lamb, oil, rose harissa, cumin, garlic and seasoning in a large bowl. Squeeze over a little orange juice and toss well to combine. Cover and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes (or chill to marinate for longer if you have the time).
Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to a medium-high heat. Alternate the lamb and courgette slices onto skewers.
Cook the kebabs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains and leave to cool slightly. Toss through the chickpeas, coriander and chopped roast peppers. Squeeze over a little orange juice and drizzle with a little olive oil before serving.
Serve the kebabs with the couscous salad, some harissa yoghurt and wedges of orange for squeezing.
- 650g diced lamb (or beef)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tbsp rose harissa
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- wedges of 1 orange, for squeezing
- 2 courgettes, shaved into ribbons
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Moroccan Medley Couscous
- 1 x tin of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- large handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1-2 roasted peppers, from a jar, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt mixed with 1 tsp rose harissa, for serving