Sausage, Apple & Parsnip Traybake
A simple and satisfying sausage traybake that works perfectly with couscous for an easy meal. Delicious with our Roasted Vegetable or Sundried Tomato and Garlic Couscous.
Add the sausages, parsnips, apples to a large roasting tin. Season well with salt and pepper and dot with the butter. Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven and turn the sausages, apples and parsnips. Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until everything is golden and caramelised. Add the thyme sprigs, sage leaves and kale and 150ml water, return to the oven for 10 minutes.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and serve with the sausages and roasted veg.
- 8 pork sausages
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 3 cm chunks
- 2 pink lady apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 20g butter, cut into small cubes
- salt and pepper
- 50g kale, stalks removed and torn into pieces
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 8 sage leaves
- 1 -2 packets of Ainsley Harriott Couscous