Shredded Sprout, Blue Cheese & Cranberry Couscous Salad
A simple winter salad made with just a few ingredients that’s great as a side dish for cold meats and also works well with fish. Or enjoy on its own as a light lunch or supper with some fresh bread. Try adding some sliced pear if you like.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and allow to cool. Fluff with a fork.
Toss the shredded sprouts through the couscous along with the cranberries and nuts. Divide between two serving plates and top with the cheese.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and season to taste. Drizzle over the salad to serve.
- For the Salad
- 80g sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Couscous (we used Roasted Vegetable)
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- handful of pecan nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 60g hard blue cheese, chopped
- For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or balsamic
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper