Shredded Sprouts with Turkish-style Grains and Herby Yoghurt
Sautéing sprouts really brings out their nutty sweetness and they work perfectly with the gentle spicing in our Turkish Couscous & Grains for a quick and tasty winter salad.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the shallot and shredded sprouts and cook for 4-5 mins until the edges start to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add the grains and stir, using the back of the spoon to break up any clumps of grains. Remove from the heat and add a squeeze of lemon juice
Put the dressing ingredients into a blender and blitz together with 3 tbsp water.
Arrange the sprouts and grains on a serving dish. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the herby yoghurt dressing.
- For the Turkish-style Grains
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 250g sprouts, shredded
- 1 x pouch of Ainsley Harriott Turkish Couscous & Grains
- ½ lemon, for squeezing
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Herby Yoghurt Dressing
- 100ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- ½ fat green chilli
- a pinch of salt