Spice Sensation Biryani
Spice up your leftovers with this quick and easy (and delicious!) Biryani made with our Spice Sensation Couscous. A great way to use up leftover turkey during the festive season or try with chicken or leftover veg.
In a bowl mix together the curry paste and yoghurt and add a drizzle of oil. Add the turkey/chicken and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat and leave to marinate while you prepare the onions.
Heat 1 ½ tbsp oil in a non-stick sauté pan or deep-sided frying pan with a lid over a low-medium heat and cook the onions for 12-14 minutes until browned and well caramelised. Remove from the pan, drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
Add another drizzle of oil to the same pan. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes to warm through. Stir 50ml into any remaining marinade in the bowl and add to the pan. Season with salt and squeeze in some lemon juice. Cover and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork.
When the chicken is heated through stir through half the onions, the chopped herbs and then stir through the couscous.
Serve topped with herbs, the remaining onions and toasted almonds.
TIP: for a tasty accompaniment mix a chopped green chilli and ½ tsp dried mint in with 100g plain yoghurt and season.
- 250g leftover roast turkey or chicken, cut into chunks or shredded
- ground nut or sunflower oil
- 1 ½ tbsp biryani or masala curry paste
- 120g plain yoghurt
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 4cm fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, for squeezing
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Couscous
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds