Spiced Chicken, Couscous & Feta Salad
Add some spice to your lunchtime with this easy and tasty chicken & couscous salad. A warming blend of allspice, paprika and cayenne adds a delightful flavour to the chicken which works well with our flavoured couscous (try with Spice Sensation) and the fresh herbs and feta add vibrancy.
Put the chicken in a bowl and drizzle with a little oil. Sprinkle over the allspice, paprika, oregano, cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken on one side for 3-4 minutes and then turn over to cook the other side. Cook until the chicken is blackened and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan to rest and add the peppers to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes until soft.
Add the peppers, spinach or rocket, spring onions, chilli, lime juice and zest and half the herbs to the couscous and toss together. Slice the chicken into strips and add to the couscous. Crumble over the feta and scatter with the remaining herbs to serve.
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Couscous
- 350g skinless chicken fillets
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme or oregano
- pinch of cayenne
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 80g baby spinach or rocket leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lime or lemon
- large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- large handful of mint leaves, shredded
- 50g feta, crumbled