Spiced Chicken with Black Bean & Avocado Couscous Salad
Jerk Spiced Chicken, creamy avocado and a zesty couscous salad – what’s not to love?
In a bowl mix together the jerk seasoning, oil, zest, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and chilli. Add the chicken and toss to coat well. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a skillet or heavy-based frying-pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan add the black beans, spring onion and red pepper and cook until heated through.
Meanwhile, make up the couscous according to the packet instructions.
Toss the beans and pepper through the couscous and serve with the chicken, slices of avocado, a squeeze of lime and fresh coriander leaves.
- 250g chicken mini fillets, skinless
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning (or a mix of ground allspice, paprika and ginger)
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 cm root ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ scotch bonnet chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small tin of black beans
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriott Lemon, Mint & Parsley Couscous
- fresh coriander leaves
- To Serve
- 1 sliced avocado