Spiced Scrambled Tofu
A tasty way to start the day! Full of spice from our jerk seasoning and fresh flavours of peppers and tomatoes, this delicious brunch is great served with toasted muffins, toast or crispy potatoes. A splash of our Hot Pepper Sauce is great for an extra kick of chilli. Also great with added mushrooms or kale.
Put the tofu in a bowl and use a fork to crumble it. Add 1 tbsp of the oil and sprinkle over half the Jerk Seasoning and the turmeric. Mix together and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes until staring to soften. Add the garlic, chilli (if using) and remaining jerk seasoning and stir through for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the tofu. Stir everything together to combine and add 50ml of water. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes over a medium-high until the tofu is slightly browned. Toss through the tomatoes and half the coriander and cook for a minute or two to heat through.
Serve scattered with the remaining coriander and with a splash of Ainsley Hot Pepper Sauce.
- 1 x large block of plain firm tofu, patted dry with kitchen paper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tsp Ainsley Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- ½ tsp of ground turmeric
- ½ red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ - ½ Scotch bonnet chilli (or 1 medium-hot red chilli), deseeded, finely chopped (optional)
- handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper