Sweet Potato, Butter Bean & Tomato Traybake
Simple and tasty, this easy traybake is full of smoky flavour and texture from the soft paprika-spiced sweet potato and the crunchy peanuts. Perfect with our Tomato and Chilli Couscous for a weeknight dinner.
In a small bowl mix together the oil, paprika, garlic and cayenne.
Put the sweet potato and pepper slices on a baking tray and pour over half of the spiced oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes or until the potato is soft.
Put the butter beans, tomatoes and nuts in a bowl and pour over the remaining paprika oil. Toss to coat. Add them to the roasting tray and bake for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
Divide the couscous between serving plates and top with the smoky vegetables and beans. Scatter with fresh herbs before serving.
TASTY TIP: try crumbling over some feta or plant-based Greek-style cheese or serve with a dollop of plain yoghurt.
- 3 tbsp ground nut or olive oil
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- pinch of cayenne
- 2-3 sweet potato, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 1 x 400g tin of butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 250g fresh cherry or baby plum tomatoes, left whole
- 3-4 tbsp unsalted peanuts, cashews or hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander or parsley, to serve
- Ainsley Harriott Tomato & Chilli Couscous, to serve