Tahini & Honey Chicken Skewers with Pomegranate Couscous
Simple to make and delicious to eat – this is great for a BBQ or just as good cooked in a grill pan if the weather isn’t ideal. The earthy, toasted sesame flavour of tahini is sweetened by the honey and caramelises beautifully as it cooks. With a tangy pomegranate dressing and our gently spiced and herbed couscous this really is a treat. You can use chicken thighs if you prefer.
Mix the tahini, oil, honey, pul biber and cumin in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add the chicken pieces. Toss to coat well. Cover and chill to marinate for at least an hour.
When ready to cook preheat a BBQ or griddle pan over a medium heat.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
Thread the chicken pieces onto 4-8 skewers. Cook for 12-14 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, pomegranate molasses, honey and a pinch of salt. Whisk together and add lemon juice to taste.
Toss the mint, parsley and pomegranate seeds through the couscous.
Serve the skewers on top of the couscous and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with warm flatbreads and Greek yoghurt.
- For the Tahini & Chicken Skewers
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½-1 tsp pul biber or dried chilli flakes
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 1-2 packets of Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Couscous
- small bunch of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- seeds from ½ pomegranate
- For the Dressing
- 2 ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ lemon, for squeezing