Tasty Thai Couscous Salad Bowl
The refreshing, clean, zingy flavours in this tasty Thai Couscous salad make for a super light lunch.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and set aside.
First make the dressing. In a small pan over a low heat, add the chilli flakes, sliced garlic, rice wine vinegar and sugar. Gently heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat, add the fish sauce and stir. Allow to cool.
Place the prepared vegetables in a mixing bowl. Spoon over a little of the dressing and gently toss the shredded veg until well coated, adding a little more dressing if required. (Any leftover dressing can be stored in a clean jar the fridge).
To assemble, divide the couscous between 2 plates or bowls. Top or toss with the dressed vegetable salad. Finish with chopped peanuts and torn coriander leaves.
- 1 packet Ainsley Harriott Aromatic Thai style Couscous
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 75ml rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into fine matchsticks
- ¼ cucumber, cut into fine matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and shredded
- Handful of green beans or sugar snap peas, trimmed and blanched
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander