Tuna & Sweetcorn Couscous Fritters
These tinned tuna and couscous fritters are budget friendly, simple to make and great for a light lunch or dinner. Serve with fries, your favourite veg or a side salad or eat as a light meal on their own with a sriracha mayo or chilli dip.
Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
Once cooled add the sweetcorn, cayenne, onion, lemon zest, a squeeze of juice. Add the eggs, season and add a tablespoon of flour to bind the mixture. Mix well. If the mixture is too wet add a little more flour. Flake in the tuna and gently fold through while keeping nice chunks of the fish.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture for each fritter and use a spoon to shape and flatten as you fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with a side salad or vegetables and lemon wedges for squeezing.
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Couscous (Tomato & Chilli or Sun-dried Tomato & Garlic work well)
- 1 x 165g tin of sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- juice & zest of ½ lemon
- 1 x 170g tin tuna, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-2 tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To Serve
- lemon wedges, salad or veg